How To Book a Private Gulet Charter in Croatia
Once you have made the decision on a yacht charter, the next step is the booking process. Since most questions will have been answered for you before your final decision, the remaining things to do are quite straightforward.
- When we receive your email confirmation to place an option on the yacht of your choice, a Yacht Charter Agreement is prepared.
- An option is the duration of anywhere from 1 day to 1 week. Sometimes options can be extended depending on the time of year you are booking.
- An option is a ‘hold’ on the yacht so that no other agents or the boat owner books the same week you want. Once your option expires the yacht is once again available to others. Usually, you are sent a reminder the day before it expires.
- During the ‘option’ stage a contract is sent, reviewed, signed by both sides and a deposit is sent to our company bank account by the last day of the option.
- Once the agreement is signed, and your funds confirmed in our account, the yacht is secured and cannot be chartered for the same period by anyone else.
- Four to six weeks before your arrival, the balance of your charter is due, or the balance can be paid in cash upon your arrival on board.
- Four to six weeks before your arrival, we email our Client Holiday Forms. These are forms requesting information from you and your group so that we can prepare and provision the yacht accordingly and make any requested airport or hotel transfers.
The option is placed on explicit e-mail request and is active until an agreed date. Booking needs to be confirmed while the option is active. Option expires after agreed date without special warning. Please take care of your option expiration. Booking is confirmed when the agreement is signed by both parties and deposit paid.
Laws & Regulations
The agent, broker, gulet or yacht owner, gulet or yacht captain are not liable for any changes in laws, maritime laws, regulations by respective authorities and law enforcement and government/government agencies. This is effective before, during or after the signed charter agreements and valid in whichever country the charter takes place, and wherever the Yacht Charter Agreement is signed.
Please ensure you are aware of these general terms and regulations before committing to a charter contract.
Internet on board Gulets
For boats which offer internet, the Wi-Fi internet there is no connection guarantee in every mooring point. Passengers can only use the internet to check emails. Uploading downloading movies, videos are not permitted.
Water Sports & Toys
Please note that water toys such as jet skis and water skis may not be found in all yacht and gulet rentals. Please inquire about these particular features when writing to us for an updated inventory of these items. Fuel or the use of these items are extra. Alternatively, these items can be rented from water sports providers when anchored in certain bays during your travels.
Also for toys such as jet skis require a license by law for use if the jet ski is on board the boat you have chartered. A waiver must also be signed by passengers on the boat.
The following services/activities can be arranged through Mirya Yachting from 3rd party companies which provide these services.
• Private tour guide
• Masseuse (where available)
• Child-minding services (Crews are not child-minders and some boat owners do not accept providing this service due to certain liabilities. If you require this service, another person recorded in the boat’s transit log as a passenger may be arranged.)
• Airport transfer
• Restaurant reservations
• Scuba diving (where available)
• Water sports rentals (where available)
• Parasailing (where available)
• Paragliding (where available)
• Flyboarding (where available)
• Oriental dancer (where available)
• Bike rental
• Bike tour guide
• Car rental
• Scooter rental
• Extra crew member such as stewardess/steward